Nicola has over 17 years' business and marketing experience in the IT industry, starting her career in 1984 with the Racal Corporation. During 8 years at Racal, Nicola developed skills in marketing by combining traditional communication methods with new technology, implementing an ‘on-line’ approach to develop marketing communications in a support network of over 50 international sales offices.
In 1992, Nicola joined INGRES - a relational database company, as Marketing Manager for their International Division, supporting the third-party distributor companies with all marketing communication requirements from literature to PR, events to translation, and new media facilities.
Following the acquisition of the INGRES/ASK Group by Computer Associates in 1994, Nicola recognised an industry trend towards application-based processes and moved into the developing Business Intelligence environment. In early 1995, Nicola joined INPHASE - a UK-based Executive Information Systems vendor - as Marketing Manager. She followed this with a move up to European Marketing Manager with Information Advantage Europe - a Relational OLAP and Data Warehouse vendor, in 1996.
Deliverables for your business
In 1998, Nicola formed her own company, offering strategic marketing planning and implementation services to small-to-medium enterprises in IT. The business has established an enviable portfolio of both start-up and internationally active clients, and has expanded to service cross-industry clients as well as IT.
Nicola’s successes and skills include:
- Performing marketing audits to deliver effective marketing within budget and against business plan.
- Building and managing marketing departments, hiring resource and furnishing with appropriate technology and equipment.
- Creating synergy in local and global markets for corporate identity and brand recognition with logo design, patents, URL registrations, website hosting & design, literature etc.
- Employing and managing effective Public Relations with press, analysts, industry peers, trade associations etc.
- Researching and implementing effective, co-ordinated and continuous direct marketing activity including direct mail, advertising, tele-marketing, one-to-one activity, research-based and internet-based for measurable return on investment.
- Organising and managing events – exhibition attendance, seminars, workshops, corporate hospitality and internal events, internationally - for both physical and virtual environments with all logistics.
- Implementing effective technology for results-oriented marketing e.g. Contact Management and Customer Relationship Management systems.
Philosophy for effective marketing
Guy Marketing's approach to developing and delivering successful marketing strategies is founded on:
- Forming strong relationships, with customers, based on mutual respect.
- Intelligent ‘best-practices’ approach to assignments.
- Integration of appropriate media & communications technology.
- Proactive interaction with customers and prospects.
- Clear communication and strong teamwork.